Getting from Mumbai to Agra
Looking for a quick trip from Mumbai to Agra? You can consider either taking a train between Mumbai and Agra or a flight to Delhi and then driving down to Agra.Plan your trip
- Only a few trains stop at Agra station. You will have more options if you take a train to Mathura Junction which is 40 kms from Agra
- The train journey can take anywhere between 14 to 20 hours depending on which train you take
- Train no. 12953 August Kranti Rajdhani express is the fastest and most comfortable train to take between Mumbai and Mathura to reach Agra. This train also has tickets under the ‘tourist quota’, so chance of getting a last minute ticket are higher.
For such a long journey you should consider an overnight train for comfort and to make the time pass quicker – Credit: Morten HammerPlan your trip
- Flight is the fastest way to reach Agra. The option that is most easily available are frequent flights from Mumbai to Delhi, followed by a 3-4 hour drive to Agra.
- During tourist season i.e. October to March at times there are direct Air India flights from Mumbai to Agra. The flight schedule keeps changing and is not operational every day. A very convenient option when possible.
Flights are the quickest option though they are not usually the cheapest – Credit: Olivier MouhotPlan your trip
- There is no bus service between Mumbai and Agra. A roundabout option is taking a bus to Udaipur, touring Rajasthan and then eventually reaching Agra.
Fatehpur Sikri is another monument to visit during your stay in Agra – Credit: cpcmollet