Feeling Udaipur as your next destination? We can help you with what the most charming things to see in Udaipur during your stay here. The city has lots of historic, beautiful buildings – the Udaipur city palace is a must-see! Plan your trip with us now and find out more!
This charming little city tucked away in the shadow of the Aravalli Mountains, Rajasthan. It’s an absolute favourite with our travellers in North India. Shrouded in romance, it’s dotted with lakes and palaces aplenty, many of which have been converted into luxury hotels, including the City Palace itself.
Grab a beer or a cup of tea at one of the rooftop restaurants at sunset or lose yourself in the mind-boggling network of narrow treasure-filled streets. Explore the winding palace corridors or even set out into the country to ride horses into the hills.
Inside City Palace (Photo Credit – Volker Glätsch)
Things to do in Udaipur
– Get intimate with the historical architecture – from the splendid Udaipur City Palace to smaller monuments like Bajore ki Haveli and Jagdish Temple
– Get lost in the alleys of the Old Town
– Watch the sunset over Udaipur town from the Monsoon Palace
– Relax/read a book from a rooftop café with a cold beer and have a view over the lake and Udaipur City Palace
A trip to Lake Pichola is incomplete without a boat ride in the serene lake (Photo Credit – Dennis Jarvis)
– Udaipur is surrounded by miles of country and rugged mountains. That means plenty of options for short hikes, cycling, and horse-riding
– Catch a cooking class to learn where this delicious, rich food comes from
– Try the Responsible Rural Tour
– Take a sightseeing tour around the Udaipur City Palace
Families **** (since there are so many activities available in the countryside)
Recommended period of stay: 2-3 days
Horse Riding in Udaipur (Photo Credit – Verseguru)
helping you travel your way
Everything you need to know about India is here We have tried writing about everything you may need help with for your trip to India, If you need help in planning a trip to India Get in touch with us to to plan your trip of a life time.