India Someday Review of Zostel, Udaipur
Hostels are a common phenomenon abroad and the trend is now slowly, and much to our delight, catching up in India too. Zostel is one such backpacker’s haven.
We were floored after spending a night at the Zostel in Udaipur! The atmosphere was young and vibrant. Even though it had been just over a week since it opened, most of the dorms were occupied!
We were upgraded to a lake facing room, after I completely fell in love with it while being initially booked in a mixed dorm! A sparkling, pristine room with super comfortable bedding and a commanding view of the lake. It couldn’t get any better, but it did!
Being Manchester United fans we were pining to see the Premier League match and Aviral, the property manager, and fellow fans obliged us and screened the match in the rooftop restaurant amidst pints of beers and loud cheers, yummy spring rolls and a great game which we won! We had a perfect evening.
Another plus here is the terrace atop the restaurant which is the clear winner of the best view of Lake Pichola from a rooftop. It is such a serene experience.
What we love about Zostel
- The rooms and dorms were spic and span
- The place does not look like a bachelor’s pad, although it’s being run by young guys!
- You can chill, relax and be in your own zone and at the same time find company when you feel like chit-chatting
- The view!
What we like about Zostel, Udaipur
- The staff is courteous and helpful.
- It is literally a stone throw away from the City Palace and Jagdish Mandir.
What we did not like
- They offer an all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast for INR 100. However, the choices we felt were limited as they have eggs (but just boiled) and there was only tea, no coffee or juice.
- The guy in the kitchen on the morning shift seemed a tad grouchy. We asked him for a cup of coffee but he did not seem eager to entertain us and as we were in a rush to leave we did not bother much; guess he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed!
Not all private rooms have the same lake view. Our room had complete clear glass panes covered with thick drapes; some rooms have just a single window with a view.
Zostel, Udaipur is ideal for
- Single travellers
- Young couples
Rates and details for Zostel
- The dorms are priced at INR 549 per bed per night. The prices of the private room varies with the travel season. Starts from INR 1,999.
- Contact Person: Aviral or Paawan Nanda
- Website: http://zostel.com/zostel/Udaipur/
- TripAdvisor reviews of Zostel Udaipur: Click here
To plan a thoughtful and economical trip across Rajasthan, contact us!
helping you travel your way
Everything you need to know about India is here We have tried writing about everything you may need help with for your trip to India, If you need help in planning a trip to India Get in touch with us to to plan your trip of a life time.