Hem guest house is a homestay in Jodhpur. Named after their mother, who conceived the idea of turning their home into a retreat for travellers, the two brothers Vipin and Rishi now run this homestay.
Jodhpur city has few homestays and Hem guest house is definitely part of the top tier. The family lives on the ground floor and the top two floors are for guests. They have a rooftop restaurant which offers a striking view of the Mehrangarh Fort. Not showy or over the top in any way, this simple abode welcomes you with all heart and will go out of it’s way to ensure a happy and satisfied stay and that you leave with a smile.
Whilst there, there was also a group of boys staying there who were to leave for Udaipur the next day and they wished to rent Royal Enfield motorcycles in Udaipur and ride to Pushkar. Now although the brothers (Vipin & Rishi) had come across such a request for the first time, they asked the guys to just give them a few hours. In that time they made every call possible to their contacts in Udaipur and by midnight they had it all arranged. We were really impressed with their effort and conviction!
We dined together with the family and what a delicious meal it was! Very simple vegetarian fare but I found it incredibly yummy. The USP of the guesthouse is their hospitality–Service with a smile.
What we love about Hem Guest House Jodhpur
- The warmth and hospitality extended towards the guests and the experience of staying with an Indian family
- View of the Mehrangarh Fort from the terrace
- Within walking distance from the clock tower and Mehrangarh Fort
What we like about Hem guest house Jodhpur
- Although compact, the rooms are clean with comfortable mattress, clean linen
- Clean bathrooms with running hot water
- The traditional home-cooked food fixed up by the ladies of the house!
What we did not like about Hem guest house
Personally there isn’t anything that we did not like. But we noticed that two of the guestrooms open into the kitchen and may disturb guests if things get too loud in the kitchen.
Hem Guest House is ideal for
- Budget travellers
- Single travellers
- Travellers looking for a homestay experience
Rates and Details for Hem Guest House
- The room rates in season start from INR 1600 for a Standard room with Breakfast. They also offer discounts on non-ac rooms and for single travellers.
- Contact Person: Mr Vipin Jain/ Mr Rishi Jain
- Website: http://hemguesthouse.com/
- Trip advisor Reviews of Hem Guest House Jodhpur: Click here
To plan your thoughtful and economical trip across Rajasthan, contact us