Udaipur is a charming little city tucked away in the shadow of the Aravalli mountains is a favourite with our travellers in North India. Shrouded in romance, it’s dotted with lakes and palaces aplenty, many of which have been converted into luxury hotels, including the city palace.
Grab beer or a cup of tea at one of the rooftop restaurants at sunset, lose yourself in the mind-boggling network of narrow treasure-filled streets. Explore the winding palace corridors, set out into the country to ride horses into the hills.
– Get intimate with the historical architecture–from the splendid City Palace to smaller monuments like Bajore ki Haveli, Jagdish Temple
– Get lost in the alleys of Udaipur Old Town
– Watch the sun set over Udaipur town from the Monsoon Palace
– Relax/read a book from at a rooftop café with a view of the lake and a cold beer
– Udaipur is surrounding by miles of country and rugged mountains. That means plenty of options for short hikes, cycling, horse-riding.
– Catch a cooking class to learn where this delicious, rich food comes from
– Try the Responsible Rural Tour
Families **** (since there are so many activities available in the countryside)
Recommended period of stay: 2-3 days